ACP-100 Jira Administrator
ACP Certification | Jira Administration | Jira / Jira Software
Become an Atlassian Certified Professional Jira Administrator
Jira Administrators manage, customize, and configure Jira from within the Jira user interface. ACP Certification in Jira Administration covers the skills needed to optimize Jira for any development or business team.
- You have 2-3 years of experience administering Jira.
- You understand the specifics of Jira Server. (Cloud-specific material is no longer covered in the exam except at a high level when comparing Cloud, Server and Data Center to meet a company's needs.)
- You can interpret and translate business requirements to Jira.
- You can keep Jira healthy because you grasp how your choices affect Jira's performance, scalability, and day-to-day manageability.
- You’re a guru when it comes to workflows, schemes, and other features available through Jira.
- You know how to take advantage of Atlassian resources and community to help your team implement best practices within Jira.
Kryterion Testing Centers
Jira 7 Enterprise Releases
USD $350 + tax
(Retakes: USD $150.50 + tax)
70 - 80
ACP exams are intended to be challenging – increase your chances of success with careful preparation!
- Download the Exam Topics and evaluate your readiness.
- Get hands-on practice across all the topics, paying particular attention to functionalities you work with less often.
- Make sure to understand how Jira operates with no apps installed.
- Make sure to understand all the Jira Administrator's responsibilities in a Server environment.
- Consult the Atlassian product documentation to learn about nuances of each topic that you may be unfamiliar with.
- If you typically use a localized product, use the English version to prepare for the exam, so that you'll be familiar with the names of menu options and other product features.
- Be sure you have a high-level awareness of other roles involved in maintaining Jira (e.g. system administrators, server administrators) and how this larger team works together.
If you're just getting started, training courses from Atlassian are an excellent way to begin. These Atlassian University courses provide the foundation for Jira Administration. Build on this foundation with experience before graduating to the Exam Prep course.
The Certification Prep course is for experienced Jira Administrators.
The course includes an in-depth explanation of what to expect on the exam, technical lectures across the exam topics, sample exam questions, case studies and 24 hours of consecutive access to a Jira Server virtual environment.
Steps to get certified
Step 1 – CREATE A CERTIFICATION PORTAL ACCOUNT
- Create or access your account.
- You'll be assigned an Atlassian Testing ID, which uniquely identifies you in the Atlassian Certification Program.
- You'll be able to schedule exams, download e-certificates, manage your credentials and share digital badges to social media from the Certification Portal.
STEP 2 – PURCHASE & SCHEDULE YOUR EXAM
- From the Candidate Portal, link to Kryterion to pay for and schedule your exam.
- Payment is by credit card or voucher. Pay particular attention to the refund and rescheduling policies.
- Your registration confirmation email will contain your receipt and a Test Taker Authorization Code.
STEP 3 – DAY OF THE EXAM
- Take your Test Taker Authorization Code with you (found on your registration confirmation email).
- Take TWO forms of identification. One must be a government-issued photo ID (e.g., passport, driver's license, military ID); both forms of ID must display your signature.
- We recommend arriving 15 minutes early.
Two forms of ID…
Government issued photo ID
Other ID with signature
STEP 4 – AFTER THE EXAM
Passed? Congratulations, you're an Atlassian Certified Professional!
- After 24 hours, log in to the Candidate Portal and verify your Certified status.
- We'll send you an email explaining how you can download your e-Certificate, share your credentials online, add your new digital badge to your email signature, and provide your transcript to others.
- Your Certification will be valid for 18 months.
- You'll need to wait 7 days before you can re-register, but we recommend taking some extra time.
- Use the voucher code provided in your Test Completed email to discount your retake to USD $150.50.
- Check out the recommended preparation options from Atlassian University.
Maintain your certification
Your ACP Certification is valid for 18 months.
To keep your ACP Certification active, simply earn a related Badge before the expiration date. Each Badge will extend your ACP for 18 months from the Badge completion date.
There are two types of Badge:
- Atlassian Certified Badges are earned by passing an online-proctored exam from your home or office.
- Atlassian Skills Badges might be linked to a variety of approved activities, such as courses or technical webinars. To complete them, you must pass an online assessment that validates your learning.
Your Badges will stay active for as long as you hold any unexpired related ACP certification. Related Badges are shown below.