Jira Service Desk Licensing and Purchasing
Our FAQ contains the most frequently asked questions relating to our licensing and pricing. Of course, if you would like to talk to us directly, please contact our Customer Advocate Team.
- Where can I sign up for a trial?
- How much does Jira Service Desk Cloud cost?
- How can I purchase or request a quote for Atlassian Cloud?
- What is the minimum term of service?
- What payment options are available?
- Where can I find the Atlassian Terms of Service?
- I have more questions about Atlassian Cloud
- What does a new Jira Service Desk license cost?
- How much is it to renew my Jira Service Desk software maintenance?
- What is software maintenance?
- How do I request a quote?
- How is Jira Service Desk licensed?
- What is the cost to upgrade my Jira Service Desk license to increase Agents?
- How do I purchase a Server license upgrade?
Data Center Term Licenses
1. Where can I sign up for a trial?
Atlassian Cloud can be trialed for free, please visit Try Atlassian Cloud to start a trial.
Already using Atlassian Cloud? Site Administrators can navigate to the System Administration section of your Cloud site and add or remove applications and/or add-ons as needed.
Please note: Removing applications or add-ons takes effect immediately and no credit or refund will be offered for removing applications or add-ons early.
2. How much does Jira Service Desk Cloud cost?
We offer a la carte pricing for Atlassian Cloud. Your subscription starts with either Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, or Confluence as its foundation. From there, you can choose from available add-ons (like Portfolio for Jira) and additional applications.
Our monthly pricing is progressive, meaning that we offer volume discounts as you add more users. Each users' unit price is based on the pricing rate in which the user falls.
3. How can I purchase or request a quote for Atlassian Cloud?
The monthly payment plan can only be paid with a credit card or PayPal account associated with the subscription.
To request a quote for the annual payment option, please Contact Us with your Atlassian Cloud url.
4. What is the minimum term of service?
The minimum term of service is one month. You can choose to renew on a month by month basis, or you can purchase a year in advance.
5. What payment options are available?
Monthly: Monthly subscriptions are limited to payment via credit card or PayPal. To update the credit card or PayPal account details on file, please see the How do I update the credit card or PayPal account on file? FAQ.
Annual: this payment option can be paid via credit card, mailed check or bank transfer, complete payment details appear on an official quote. To request a quote for the annual payment option, please Contact Us with your Atlassian Cloud url.
6. Where can I find the Atlassian Terms of Service?
Please see our Cloud Terms of Service for more information.
7. I have more questions about Atlassian Cloud
Great, because we have more answers! Please see our complete Altassian Cloud FAQ.
1. What does a new Jira Service Desk license cost?
We have designed Jira Service Desk licensing to be simple, upfront and equitable. Your initial purchase entitles you to perpetual use of the software, and includes 12 months of software maintenance – access to new software releases/enhancements, our world-class Support team, critical bug fixes, and security patches – from the date of purchase. While renewing your software maintenance annually is optional, it is strongly encouraged in order to ensure continuous access to all of the benefits listed above.
Atlassian automatically sends a no-obligation quote 90 days before the maintenance is to expire on a license. You can request a quote at any time; see this FAQ for more details. You also have the option to set up auto-renewal through my.atlassian.com.
Software maintenance renewals commence from the expiration of your active maintenance period, regardless of when the maintenance renewal is purchased. We recommend renewing at least 30 days before expiration to ensure you can upgrade to new releases and get technical assistance at any time.
2. How much is it to renew my Jira Service Desk software maintenance?
All server licenses include 12 months of software maintenance – access to new software releases/enhancements, our world-class Support team, critical bug fixes, and security patches. Beyond this initial period, we strongly encourage renewing your software maintenance every 12 months* at our renewal pricing.
3. What is software maintenance?
Software maintenance, included in your first year of use*, gives you the following benefits:
- Security patches
- Critical bug fixes
- New features & enhancements
- Access to Atlassian's world-class Support team for technical troubleshooting
- Developer license* keys (lets you test the upgrades before committing!)
- Potential to enroll in Beta Programs
In order for your software maintenance to remain active year-round, you must purchase it annually. Learn more about our renewing terms for software maintenance above. We also suggest making sure your business processes allow for frequent upgrades so your team can continue reaping the benefits enjoyed by other world-class teams.
*Please note that 3-Agent Starter licenses are not eligible for non-production Developer licenses or Technical Support.
4. How do I request a quote?
Requesting an obligation-free quote is easy! You will just need to submit your request through our Atlassian Store. In the final step check "Get a Quote" and click submit. Only quotes submitted though our online form are considered valid, screen prints of the shopping cart is not the same as a quote.
5. How is Jira Service Desk licensed?
A Jira Service Desk commercial/academic/starter license entitles you to:
- Install Jira Service Desk on a single instance in a production environment on 1 server
- Perpetual Jira Service Desk use
- Software maintenance for 12 months - including all updates and online support
Licensing fees are quoted per number of 'active users.' An active user in Jira Service Desk is by definition any user account in the system with the "Jira Service Desk Users" global permission or the "Jira Administrators" permission, i.e., anyone who can log in. Unlimited 'anonymous users' are permitted on all licenses.
6. What is the cost to upgrade my Jira Service Desk license to increase Agents?
You will be pleased to know that you can upgrade Jira Service Desk at any time. The upgrade process is very simple, and all your data is preserved. Upgrades include 12 months of software maintenance commencing from the date payment is processed. This will override any existing maintenance period.
Please Note: The below prices* are applicable for licenses purchased after 12-Oct-2018. Pricing for licenses purchased prior to 12-Oct-2018 will be calculated using the original purchase price.
Academic upgrade prices are 50% of the Commercial upgrade cost.
Upgrades to Academic server licenses are 50% of the pricing seen above.
7. How do I purchase a Server license upgrade?
There are two ways to generate a server license upgrade quote:
When the license's Billing Contact logs into their My.Atlassian account, they can select the license in question, followed by Upgrade. You'll then be routed to our secure Quote & Order form. You can then select the product(s) you'd like to upgrade, and the User Tier you'd like to move to. When you're finished, click Add To Cart. You can then check out, or save the no-obligation quote for later.
Upgrade quotes can be generated directly from the Atlassian Store. After logging in, you'll see Upgrade at the top of the page. You can then select the product(s) you'd like to upgrade, and the User Tier you'd like to move to. When you're finished, click Add To Cart. You can then check out, or save the no-obligation quote for later.
Data Center Term Licenses
1. What is Data Center?
Data Center is a deployment option providing high availability and performance at scale for your mission critical Atlassian applications. Our Data Center offering is available for Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, and Bitbucket. See our Data Center information page for more details.
Please also see our Data Center FAQ for common questions.