Przewodniki po migracji do wersji Data Center
Nie ma dwóch takich samych organizacji, podobnie jak nie ma dwóch identycznych procesów migracji. Kluczem do każdej dobrej migracji jest planowanie.
Przewodnik 2: Planowanie migracji
Po dokonaniu analizy i wybraniu ścieżki migracji nadszedł czas, aby rozpocząć planowanie przejścia do wersji Data Center.
Understand environment changes if you’re using a cloud provider
Instances and locations
- Do you want to federate or consolidate your instances?
- What does your future growth look like?
- Do you need to have any data isolation?
- How many environments does your team have, such as staging or production environments?
- How many people are going to be accessing your instance?
- Where are your teams going to be located?
- How much data is currently in your instance and how much data do you plan to add to your instance?
Apps, integrations, and customizations
Do you need all of them, or is this an opportunity to simplify?
- What are your future growth projections?
- Are there times when you have lower levels of user traffic?
Looking at your user traffic can help determine your organization’s scale patterns. If there are times when you have more teams accessing your products, you can also consider setting up a scaling schedule.
For more information, here’s our node sizing overview.
- Which accounts should your environment be deployed on?
- Do you want different accounts associated with each of your environments?
- Do you want your Data Center products to use the same account as your other CI/CD or collaboration tools?
- What does your governance model look like?
- What are your minimal system standards?
- Are you using centralized logging?
- What are your user management needs?
Do you want to use a new virtual private cloud (VPC)?
- Are there any network principles that you want to change, such as limiting public internet access and internal IP addressing for office and VPN network routing?
- Should you use TLS certificates?
If using an existing VPC, have you come up with a plan for office and VPN network access?
We recommend that you allow access from all offices and VPNs as your product usage will most likely grow over time.
Business continuity and disaster recovery
What does your backup strategy look like?
Do you need to implement cold, warm, or hot sites in different regions?
Typically, your disaster recovery needs are met by having your services run over multiple availability zones, but you may want to mitigate regional outages too. As you’re deciding if you want to implement these sites in different regions consider the following:
- Cost of infrastructure and data transfer
- Speed of recovery vs AWS
- Time spent maintaining and testing the recovery site
- Cost of running the site