ACP-100 Jira Administrator
ACP Certification | Jira Administration | Jira / Jira Software
Become an Atlassian Certified Professional Jira Administrator
Jira Administrators manage, customize, and configure Jira from within the Jira user interface. ACP Certification in Jira Administration covers the skills needed to optimize Jira for any development or business team.
- You have 2-3 years of experience administering Jira.
- You understand the specifics of Jira Server. (Cloud-specific material is no longer covered in the exam except at a high level when comparing Cloud, Server and Data Center to meet a company's needs.)
- You can interpret and translate business requirements to Jira.
- You can keep Jira healthy because you grasp how your choices affect Jira's performance, scalability, and day-to-day manageability.
- You’re a guru when it comes to workflows, schemes, and other features available through Jira.
- You know how to take advantage of Atlassian resources and community to help your team implement best practices within Jira.
Atlassian University's Jira Project Administration Certification covers some of the same topics and is our recommended starting point if you want comprehensive training with a focus on Jira projects.
Jira Software Server Enterprise Releases
USD $250 + tax
70 - 80
ACP exams are intended to be challenging – increase your chances of success with careful preparation!
- Download the Exam Topics and evaluate your readiness.
- Get hands-on practice across all the topics, paying particular attention to functionalities you work with less often.
- Make sure to understand how Jira operates with no apps installed.
- Make sure to understand all the Jira Administrator's responsibilities in a Server environment.
- Consult the Atlassian product documentation to learn about nuances of each topic that you may be unfamiliar with.
- If you typically use a localized product, use the English version to prepare for the exam, so that you'll be familiar with the names of menu options and other product features.
- Be sure you have a high-level awareness of other roles involved in maintaining Jira (e.g. system administrators, server administrators) and how this larger team works together.
If you're just getting started, training courses from Atlassian University are an excellent way to begin. These courses provide the foundation for Jira Administration. Build on this foundation with experience before graduating to the Skillbuilders and Exam Prep course.
If you have experience, Atlassian University's Jira Administration Skillbuilder series is designed for you. We recommend using the Skillbuilders together with the Certification Prep Course. You can earn a Skills Badge for any Skillbuilder.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Permissions in Jira Take the course | Earn the Badge
- Issue Security in Jira Take the course | Earn the Badge
- Customizing Jira Workflows Take the course | Earn the Badge
- Scaling Jira Take the course | Earn the Badge
- Email in Jira Take the course | Earn the Badge
- Managing the User Lifecycle in Jira Take the course | Earn the Badge
- Is your Jira instance secure? Take the course | Earn the Badge
This course is for experienced Jira Administrators.
You'll learn what to expect from the Jira Administrator certification exam, get in-depth guidance on how to focus your preparation, and hear technical discussion of the exam topics from people who wrote the exam.
The course includes detailed discussion of sample questions, and recommended “Lab Challenge” exercises that come with 24 hours of consecutive access to your own lab environment.
Steps to get certified
Step 1 – CREATE A CERTIFICATION PORTAL ACCOUNT
- Create or access your account.
- You'll be assigned an Atlassian Testing ID, which uniquely identifies you in the Atlassian Certification Program.
- You'll be able to schedule exams, download e-certificates, manage your credentials and share digital badges to social media from the Certification Portal.
STEP 2 – PURCHASE & SCHEDULE YOUR EXAM
- Schedule and pay for your exam from the Certification Portal.
- Payment is by credit card or voucher. Pay particular attention to the refund and rescheduling policies.
- Your registration confirmation email will contain your receipt and a Test Taker Authorization Code.
STEP 3 – DAY OF THE EXAM
- Take your Test Taker Authorization Code with you (found on your registration confirmation email).
- Take TWO forms of identification. One must be a government-issued photo ID (e.g., passport, driver's license, military ID); both forms of ID must display your signature.
- We recommend arriving 15 minutes early.
Two forms of ID…
Government issued photo ID
Other ID with signature
STEP 4 – AFTER THE EXAM
Passed? Congratulations, you're an Atlassian Certified Professional!
- After 24 hours, log in to the Candidate Portal and verify your Certified status.
- We'll send you an email explaining how you can download your e-Certificate, share your credentials online, add your new digital badge to your email signature, and provide your transcript to others.
- Your Certification will be valid for 24 months.
- You'll need to wait 7 days before you can re-register, but we recommend taking some extra time.
- Exam retakes are the same price as your first exam.
- Check out the recommended preparation options from Atlassian University.
Maintain your certification
Your Certification is valid for 24 months.
To keep your Certification active, simply earn a related Atlassian Skills Badge or Pro Skills Badge before the expiration date. Each Badge will extend your Certification for 24 months from the Badge completion date.
There are two types of Badge:
- Atlassian Pro Skills Badges are earned by passing an online-proctored exam from your home or office.
- Atlassian Skills Badges are earned by taking a free Skillbuilder course. To complete the requirements, you must pass an online assessment based on the course.
To keep all your Badges active, simply earn a new Badge every 24 months.