Demographic Survey Privacy Notice
Effective starting: September 18, 2023
1. What this notice covers
At Atlassian, we believe in the power of diversity and are committed to a culture of inclusion. In our Sustainability Report we pledged to build a more diverse Atlassian, because we know that in doing so we can unleash the potential of our teams. To help us on this journey to where we want to be, we are asking for your help in completing a demographic survey. This survey is part of our diversity program focused on better understanding our candidate experiences and evolving our recruitment process to improve equitable outcomes. Your contribution would be greatly valued as it is a step in our Corporate Social Responsibility initiative towards helping build a more diverse Atlassian.
Your participation in this demographic survey is entirely voluntary and based on your opt-in consent. All questions within the survey are also entirely voluntary. If you decide to participate, we will only use the information as detailed in this Notice. If you choose not to participate, there will be no adverse impact on your application.
2. Information We Collect
The demographic survey will ask you for information regarding certain demographics, including your:
- Age range
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
We will refer to this data as “Demographic Data.”
3. How We Use and Secure This Information
Demographic Data will be used for the following purposes:
- For our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives: As part of our diversity program, we will use Demographic Data to analyze representation of URGs in our talent pipeline and determine ways to increase diversity in our talent pool and improve our equitable outcomes.
- As legally required: We will use Demographic Data to fulfill our obligations under applicable laws, such as government diversity reporting.
Your Demographic Data will be stored in combination with other details about you, such as your name and country location. This information will be stored securely and subject to strict access controls. For example, only a small number of system admins and data engineers will have access to your identifiable demographic data for the purposes of system maintenance, de-identifying the data, and creating aggregated reporting to help achieve our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
4. How and Why We Share Information Outside of Atlassian
Atlassian will disclose Demographic Data outside of Atlassian and its group of companies for the following purposes:
- Service providers on our behalf. We share information with service providers who perform necessary duties and functions on our behalf (e.g., AWS) and cannot use any identifying information for their own independent purposes.
- External reports. We share aggregated and de-identified Demographic Data in our external (i.e. public) reports, such as our Corporate Social Responsibility report.
5. How We Transfer Information We Collect Internationally
Please see Section 6 of our Careers Privacy Notice for more information on how we transfer information we collect internationally.
6. How Long We Keep Information We Collect
We will retain Demographic Data for our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives and as legally required.
Please see Section 8 of our Careers Privacy Notice for more information on our retention practices for Talent Data.
7. How to Access and Control Your Information
Please see Section 9 of our Careers Privacy Notice for more information on how to access and control your information.
8. How to Access and Control Your Information
Atlassian Pty Ltd, c/o Atlassian, Inc.
350 Bush Street
San Francisco, CA 94104