Bamboo Licensing and Pricing
Our FAQ contains the most frequently asked questions relating to our licensing and pricing. Of course, if you would like to talk to us directly, please contact our Customer Advocate Team.
- What does a new Bamboo Server license cost?
- How much is it to renew my Bamboo Server software maintenance?
- What is software maintenance?
- How do I request a quote?
- How is Bamboo Server licensed?
- What are Local / Remote Agents?
- What is the cost to upgrade my Bamboo Server license to a higher user tier?
- How do I purchase a Server license upgrade?
1. What does a new Bamboo Server license cost?
We have designed Bamboo licensing to be simple, upfront and equitable. Your initial purchase entitles you to perpetual use of the software, and includes 12 months of software maintenance – access to new software releases/enhancements, our world-class Support team, critical bug fixes, and security patches – from the date of purchase. While renewing your software maintenance annually is optional, it is strongly encouraged in order to ensure continuous access to all of the benefits listed above.
For customers with Starter Licenses, please note that use of the Plan Branches feature has a multiplicative effect on the number of jobs configured, and therefore, an effect on the 10-job cap. For example, a plan with two jobs that is building against a total of three branches (the plan's original branch, plus two additional branches) will contribute 6 jobs toward the limit.
2. How much is it to renew my Bamboo Server software maintenance?
All server licenses include 12 months of software maintenance – access to new software releases/enhancements, our world-class Support team, critical bug fixes, and security patches. Beyond this initial period, we strongly encourage renewing your software maintenance every 12 months at our renewal pricing.
Atlassian automatically sends a no-obligation quote 90 days before the maintenance is to expire on a license. You can request a quote at any time; see this FAQ for more details. You also have the option to set up auto-renewal through my.atlassian.com.
Software maintenance renewals commence from the expiration of your active maintenance period, regardless of when the maintenance renewal is purchased. We recommend renewing at least 30 days before expiration to ensure you can upgrade to new releases and get technical assistance at any time.
3. What is software maintenance?
Software maintenance, included in your first year of use*, gives you the following benefits:
- Security patches
- Critical bug fixes
- New features & enhancements
- Access to Atlassian's world-class Support team for technical troubleshooting
- Developer license* keys (lets you test the upgrades before committing!)
- Potential to enroll in Beta Programs
In order for your software maintenance to remain active year-round, you must purchase it annually. Learn more about our renewing terms for software maintenance above. We also suggest making sure your business processes allow for frequent upgrades so your team can continue reaping the benefits enjoyed by other world-class teams.
*Please note that 10-User Starter server licenses are not eligible for non-production Developer licenses or Technical Support.
4. How do I request a quote?
Requesting an obligation-free quote is easy! You will just need to submit your request through our Atlassian Store. In the final step check "Get a Quote" and click submit. Only quotes submitted though our online form are considered valid, screen prints of the shopping cart is not the same as a quote.
5. How is Bamboo Server licensed?
A Bamboo commercial/academic/starter license entitles you to:
- Deploy a single instance of Bamboo in a production environment on 1 server
- Local agents and/or remote agents, as per edition
- Unlimited projects and users
- Perpetual Bamboo use
- Software maintenance for 12 months - including all updates and online support
- Application source code (under a developer source license which allows for broad customization)
6. What are Local / Remote Agents?
- local agents run as part of the Bamboo server.
- remote agents run on computers, other than the Bamboo server, that run the remote agent tool. An elastic agent is a remote agent that runs in the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
Local agents run in the server's process, i.e. in the same JVM as the server. Each remote agent runs in its own process, i.e. has its own JVM.
7. What is the cost to upgrade my Bamboo Server license to a higher user tier?
Upgrading your edition of Bamboo allows you to access additional remote agents. If you started with a 1 Remote Agent or 10 Remote Agents edition of Bamboo, you may wish to upgrade as your development team grows.
You can upgrade to a 5 Remote Agent, 10 Remote Agents, 25 Remote Agents, or 100 Remote Agents license at any time. All data is seamlessly upgraded. Upgrades include 12 months of software maintenance commencing from the date payment is processed. This will override any existing maintenance period.
Please Note: The below prices* are applicable for licenses purchased after 3-Oct-2019. Pricing for licenses purchased prior to 3-Oct-2019 will be calculated using the previous year's list price.
Upgrades to Academic server licenses are 50% of the pricing seen above.
8. How do I purchase a Server license upgrade?
There are two ways to generate a server license upgrade quote:
When the license's Billing Contact logs into their My.Atlassian account, they can select the license in question, followed by Upgrade. You'll then be routed to our secure Quote & Order form. You can then select the product(s) you'd like to upgrade, and the User Tier you'd like to move to. When you're finished, click Add To Cart. You can then check out, or save the no-obligation quote for later.
Upgrade quotes can be generated directly from the Atlassian Store. After logging in, you'll see Upgrade at the top of the page. You can then select the product(s) you'd like to upgrade, and the User Tier you'd like to move to. When you're finished, click Add To Cart. You can then check out, or save the no-obligation quote for later.