Learn how to make the most out of Atlassian tools and best practices. Watch full replays of Summit sessions as they become available throughout the week.
- Compliance in an Agile World
Guy Herbert, Risk Futurist, Atlassian
- One Queue to Rule Them All – Monitoring With Jira
Lisa Reilly, Senior Project Manager, Demonware
- Managing Complex Application Deployments
Martin Luethi, CTO, Strata Decision Technology
- Build, Deploy, Monitor – Like a Boss!
Kiran Shekhar, Developer, Atlassian
- How Atlassian Does Ops in 5 Easy Steps
Patrick Hill, SRE Solutions Lead, Atlassian
- Overcoming Modern CI/CD Challenges with Bitbucket Pipelines
Aneita Yang, Product Management Associate, Atlassian
Compliance in an Agile World
Meeting compliance obligations often means putting in checkpoints at every turn and this often collides with our agile approaches for developing and delivering value to the customer fast. Hear from Guy Herbert, Risk, and Compliance Guru at Atlassian how we use process and tools to be compliant for multiple obligations and while making over 500 changes a day. This will cover development, deploy and the joy of compliance obligations.
One Queue to Rule Them All – Monitoring With Jira
Demonware’s Monitoring team are responsible for monitoring the online services for Activision Publishing games. This means ownership of keeping millions of players and thousands of servers online at all times.
They have transformed from a traditional 24/7 Network Operations Center to upskilled engineers who have developed and implemented a new monitoring stack, helping to change the culture of the organization with an eye towards quality, reliability, and supportability. A big part of this was moving from manually created email-style ticketing to automatically created tickets in Jira, and later to Jira Service Desk.
In this talk you'll learn how the team use custom fields, plugins, and integrations to move away from browser-tab-ageddon to a simple Jira Service Desk queue that reduces context switching and confusion, resulting in a better experience for gamers all around the world.
Managing Complex Application Deployments
Providing a cloud-based financial analytics and performance platform used by almost 1,000 hospitals around the United States, Strata Decision Technology, is in the process of transitioning from a monolithic solution to a microservices-based architecture in order to better help these hospitals and health systems drive margins to fuel their mission.
Using the likes of Jira and Statuspage, learn how utilizing a DevOps approach has helped the team deliver many large releases per year, all the while still ensuring complete separation of sensitive healthcare data and providing maximum visibility throughout deployments.
Build, Deploy, Monitor – Like a Boss!
A once painful process of releasing and operating Jira Cloud has improved drastically, allowing us to ship a large and complex Jira Cloud monolith to thousands of customers in under 90 minutes. This is all done while maintaining availability and reliability goals of 99.95%, along with a steadily decreasing Mean Time To Repair (MTTR).
Come along and learn how to
- implement an optimal branch & merge strategy and maintain higher code quality using Bitbucket. Combine this with Bamboo to keep the continuous integration engine running smoothly to enable developers quickly get started on new feature work.
- establish a culture of monitoring within the development organization that helps to heavily reduce the time to identify and resolve customer impact.
- use synthetic checks for continuously monitoring core functionality to quickly detect problems that can cause a high severity incident.
How Atlassian Does Ops in 5 Easy Steps
Over the past 5 years, Atlassian has evolved how we run services, and how we keep our systems running. This talk goes through the history of this evolution at Atlassian, including how we:
- Prioritise and implement changes using Jira Software and Bitbucket
- Build, test and deploy changes using Bitbucket Pipelines, Feature Flags, and incremental deployment
- Maneuver through the incident lifecycle using Jira Service Desk, monitoring tools, and Confluence
- Learn from incidents using our Post Incident Review Process, using both Jira and Confluence
- Lastly, how we then connect our learnings back into the Software development process
After this talk, you will walk away with a clearer idea of how Atlassian uses our products to operate software, and how you can adopt similar industry-leading practices.
Overcoming Modern CI/CD Challenges with Bitbucket Pipelines
Getting started with CI/CD hasn't always been easy. While the practice has long existed to help teams build software more efficiently and effectively, traditional CI tools have required a lot of effort to configure and maintain. And as the adoption of continuous integration and delivery increases, another challenge has also arisen - staying up-to-date with releases across a company has become more difficult as teams deploy more frequently.
With Bitbucket Pipelines and Deployments, we've built a fully-hosted continuous integration and deployment tracking tool that lives right inside Bitbucket Cloud to address these challenges whilst still giving your team the full benefits of CI/CD. Whether your team is just getting started or are more advanced in the process, join Aneita Yang, Bitbucket Product Manager, as she shows you how your team can use Bitbucket Cloud to practice CI/CD, and overcome these new challenges, to work better and faster together.
Be the first to know about Atlassian live events and sign up for special announcements on when Atlassian is coming to a city near you.