Design Manager, Jira Product Discovery (remote in Germany)Apply for this job
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Jira Product Discovery helps teams capture, flesh out and prioritise ideas, so they can build what matters. With a place to capture insights and opportunities, prioritize impact, and rally teams behind product plans – from discovery through to delivery.
This Design Manager role is a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving team on the cutting edge of modern product craft. You’ll work in a close-knit leadership to steer this opportunity to market, guiding a team with the autonomy of a startup with access to the resources, brand, and scale of a global Fortune 100 company.
We're seeking a problem-solver, who loves talking to customers and has a track record of taking new products and services to market and can tackle the unique challenges of integrating them with established platforms. Someone who will take the lead with a team of product and content designers, helping direct their work and mentoring their growth.
Do you get weirdly passionate about small details that can make or break a feature? Do you find yourself thinking for hours about the future of software development? Then this job could be for you!
Does this sound like you?
- Hands-on product design experience, bonus points if it was for SaaS platforms.
- People management experience,
- Expertise in product design (UI, UX, and Research) and modern design tooling e.g. Figma, Miro, and Keynote.
- Experience taking minimum viable products, services or large features to the market.
- Strong UI skills, and experience working with (and pushing the boundaries of) established design systems
- Have a strong history of optimally collaborating with a team of designers, engineers, product managers, and additional key partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to operate with uncertainty and make data-driven decisions without complete evidence
- Enjoy designing experiments using a combination of qualitative and quantitative data to measure success – you’re also not afraid to admit when you are wrong about a hypothesis.
- Very strong visual design skills, bonus point if you designed a consumer-grade product
- Ability to work well in fast-paced teams that ship often.
What will you do?
- Define major product experiences to help grow the Jira Product Discovery business.
- Bring a hypothesis-driven, data advised approach to your work.
- Spend as much time getting to know and understand our customers as possible, analyzing their feedback to influence design decisions.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to define product specs and iterate on experiences as they are delivered.
- Collaborate across other teams at Atlassian to encourage cross-flow and platform adoption that enables Atlassian as a whole to scale.
- Help maintain, improve, and scale our current product experience.
- Lead a team of product and content designer, collaborating in the team on a daily basis
- Work with product managers to provide to define a long term vision of the product experience.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.