Java Software Engineer (Gdańsk or Remote)
Gdansk, Poland • Engineering • Full TimeApply for this job
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is looking for talented Developers to join one of our Gdańsk engineering teams (i.e. Jira Data Centre, Jira Cloud, CROWD, Bamboo, etc.) Atlassian's engineering team is responsible for shaping the future by helping thousands of teams all around the world get work done.
As a Java Developer well into your career, we know you're exceptional at what you do, but you're still eager to learn and hone in on skills as a developer... That's why we're placing a heavy emphasis on leaning on your expertise in one or more tech stacks but still learning and growing. We don't expect you to be an expert, but we'll sure make sure you get on the right path towards becoming one...
In this role, you'll get the chance to:
- Drive projects independently, from technical design to launch
- Apply architectural standards and start using them on new projects
- Contribute to code reviews & documentation as well as take on complex bug fixes
- Begin writing useful technical documentation
- Learn and code in Java
- Mentor more junior members
Sound like an exciting opportunity? We think so too... In order to set you up for impact on day one, we'll expect you to have this on your first day:
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Java
- Deep architectural understanding of web applications
- Good knowledge in some back-end technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, Lucene, SQL
- Deep understanding of data structures, in particular, how they are implemented and how to apply them to solve problems
- Passion for collaborating, tackling hard problems and not being afraid to ask questions
- A real appetite for learning and growing, both as a developer and teammate
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proficient English (both spoken and written)
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.