Senior Data Scientist, CSS WorkforceApply for this job
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Are you an analytics champion with a people presence who values helping partners strategize data-driven projects? Do you relish the opportunity to dive headfirst into vast projects and contribute across analytics, strategy and operations? If so, this role is for you!
As a Senior Data Scientist on our Customer Support Services (CSS) team supporting our Workforce Data Science organization, you will partner with important business leads, focus on some of the most exciting challenges Atlassian faces.
We understand and acknowledge that any one person may not have all of the below expertise. We encourage you to apply even if you do not satisfy every requirement.
Some examples of what you'll do:
- Work with partner teams to improve efficiency in a scaling and changing customer support environment, bringing analytic capabilities and insights to bear
- Partner with our growing Talent Enablement team comprised of several diverse roles (learning enablement and development, talent tech, communications, change management and more) to deliver analytical insights
- Be a people analytics specialist to serve our Customer Support employees by defining and implementing analytics solutions
- Tell compelling stories with data and analytics
- Develop partnerships with business, people, and operations leaders
- Manage partner needs and serve as a powerful analytics champion to support growing a successful data culture
- Provide technical expertise in data management, analytic and statistical methods, and data visualization
- Address challenges, performance bottlenecks and growth opportunities with analytic solutions
- Play the role of analytic expert across teams, focused on measurement of new strategies or projects, sizing of opportunities, and understanding of complex systems; always with a mind towards applicable insights and growth
Some skills and tools you'll use are:
- Analytics: Statistics, data science, machine learning, data visualization, summary/aggregation methods, operational metric development, ongoing OKR measurement, experimental design, survey design, attribution, data engineering, data storytelling
- Tools: Python / R, SQL, Tableau, Redash, IDEs (Databricks, Jupyter)
- Collaboration: Confluence, Jira
More about you:
- You've worked with data daily and intimately for 5+ years and have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience.
- You have exposure to the HR side of an organization. You like to talk about what makes People Analytics different.
- You have experience with data science, machine learning, and predictive modeling and the associated statistical foundations.
- You have experience building end-to-end business-affecting analytic solutions and experience using data to influence operational, people, or human resources teams.
- You are comfortable combining different data sources together to obtain impactful insights from the data.
- You can break down technical concepts (like regression) to fit a non-technical partner. You've presented your work to leaders a couple of levels up.
- You can take an ambiguous assignment and deliver iterative value.
- You are comfortable using multiple tools and methods to find trends and correlations by mining data, and couple that with light-weight tests to prioritize how to propel through complicated problems.
- You love collaboration, working with other smart data professionals and acting both as a student and teacher with team members and partners.
- You've used your analytics skills to influence a major business decision. You can tie a measurable growth back to your own analysis.
- You can get yourself up to speed with new concepts quickly. You love learning (online courses, blog posts, reaching out to SMEs) and don't wait for instruction.
- You combine curiosity with critical thinking and judgment, and like asking 'why' to unravel a seemingly complex problem and get to the cause.
- You can gather, document, and interpret requirements, and always know how to ask the 'why' underpinning all requests.
- You think about the 'big picture' and can design a solution to support our needs. When you encounter a problem you come up with multiple solutions, weigh the tradeoffs and efforts, identify the best path forward, and lead ahead.
- Data governance, data security, sensitivity are important to you and underpin all aspects of your work.
- You can collaborate with other data scientists and have business acuity and analytics expertise to push through uncertainty and up-skill those around you.
- You understand the basics of data engineering and ETL automation enough to write your own SQL and work with pipelines.
More about our team:
- We are a growing analytics and project delivery team located in multiple regions across the globe. We challenge each other to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're direct and demand excellence, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly trying new things. We are a thoroughly collaborative team, who enjoys seeing others succeed, delivery great value, and learn from others.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.