Principal DevOps EvangelistApply for this job
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand.
We're looking for a technologist with a passion for driving engineering and operational excellence improvements. Our team provides the data, tooling, processes and rituals that Atlassian teams, engineering managers and execs use to help them determine where they need to focus to build better systems. We work with domain experts across developer tooling, compliance, security, support, performance, reliability, incident management, team processes and more.
Atlassian is growing fast and our challenge is to grow at the right speed in the right way. You'll take ownership of evolving our Atlassian-wide rituals such as our weekly and quarterly operational reviews, connecting engineering teams with the right solutions as they identify areas of improvement. You'll use creative ideas to influence and to shift where we target engineering improvement efforts. You'll report to the Senior Engineering Manager, Team Insights.
On your first day: we'll expect you to have:
- Experience experimenting with creative ways to increase engagement
- You've got experience and ideas on how to scale influence across an organisations of hundreds or thousands
- Demonstrated experience leading projects to roll out and iterate on processes and rituals impacting code quality, reliability, performance and other non functional requirements
- You've facilitated large-scale rituals with all levels of the business from engineers to executives
- Demonstrated ability to be data-driven to guide the business-relevant outcomes of the rituals and processes you own
It's preferred if you have:
- Worn many hats in your career, giving you a unique point of view that goes beyond software development.
- Experience working with teams managing large scale complex cloud software architecture to improve availability, scalability, latency and efficiency, infrastructure, and test automation
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.