Executive Creative DirectorApply for this job
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Executive Creative Director
Atlassian has millions of users across our products, but we’re only getting started. Our mission is to unleash the potential of all teams and the Creative Team at Atlassian is a critical part of bringing our brand to life and establishing Atlassian as the leading authority for teamwork. We are looking for a Creative Director to lead a growing team of 40+ creative professionals with the experience and passion for nurturing and developing creative talent. The successful candidate has a consistent track record translating business goals into creative direction, building trust and engagement with internal partners and stakeholders, and scaling a creative organization for success. Working closely with our CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) and CXO (Chief Customer Experience Officer), the Creative Director will be one of the key leaders of Atlassian. You will partner closely with the Brand Marketing team and together push the creative integrity of campaigns with fresh concepts that meet business objectives, including work with the Brand Content team to marry creative concepts with storytelling.
Additionally, you will partner with the Creative Operations team to ensure a transparent process for prioritization and staffing, while implementing clear streams for custom and production work, enabling creative output to expand in both quality and quantity. Lastly, you will be the main partner for our CXO to ensure our customer experience journeys are frictionless and connected.
- Lead, grow and inspire a team of art directors, designers, motion graphic artists and illustrators to create best-in-class marketing for the Atlassian brand
- Set the vision for and champion Creative’s role in the business while deeply understanding business needs and how the creative team can accelerate Atlassian’s path to 100M monthly active users
- Drive, own, and iterate on the brand visual identity for multi-channel campaigns that touch all areas of the customer experience—web, email marketing, digital advertising, video, social, events, our products and more
- Bring innovative and impactful product storytelling to life through our creative.
Use customer, end user and cultural insights to ensure creative work is driven with relevant insights and positions Atlassian as a thought leader for teams
- Set the standard for Atlassian’s visual identity and work across leaders in Brand, Customer Experience, Buyer Experience to ensure that product and web design is consistent to our identity and pushes our brand forward
- Determine and manage the creative agency relationships needed to meet growing business needs
- 15+ years experience in creative direction—both agency and in-house experience a plus, as well as strong connections to the larger design community
- Experience as a people leader, first and foremost. You can mentor, manage, and you find satisfaction in seeing your team grow and flourish
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that elevates a brand’s creative experience.
Expertise in balancing brand and business goals, advocating for creative that pushes our brand forward, but you never push creative work forward at the expense of business goals
- Ability to work cross-functionally, so much that your former colleagues might tout your ability to influence and collaborate with everyone from executives to designers
- Strong organizational skills, a love (or at least a deep appreciation!) for good process, and the ability to lead multiple projects at once
- Aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced environment where deadlines, priorities, and initiatives change frequently
- Top notch presentation skills, with the ability to clearly and articulately explain your rationale and evoke excitement with your recommendations
More about the team:
The Creative Team is Atlassian’s dynamic internal creative agency embedded within the marketing organization. Collectively, the team defines, articulates, and scales how millions of users experience and connect with the Atlassian brand from a multitude of dimensions. From concept through execution and everything in-between, you’ll be amongst the designers, illustrators, writers, and animators who combine strategy with research, creativity, and craft to build and shape how Atlassian and its suite of products are viewed by the world.
More about our benefits:
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.