Support Engineer EMEA, Trello (Remote)
Amsterdam, Netherlands • CSS • Full TimeApply for this job
Customer support at Trello is different.
To start with, we let our customers decide if they want to pay us or not. Seriously. If our customers are not amazingly happy, they get their money back with no questions asked. Our front line staff are empowered to make our customers happy. Usually, it means tapping a broad range of resources, whether that’s making sure you have all the right software, or working directly with an engineer to troubleshoot a case. You’ll have what you need to get the job done.
You will not be glued to the queue. Sure, we need to get back to customers via email—that will always be there—but support is so much more than grinding through an inbox. This is a real problem-solving job. You’ll have an incredible amount of autonomy in determining how best to contribute your talents and skills to Trello. Think a short video will help customers get started? Make it. Want to write a script to help a customer with the API? Go for it. There’s plenty of room for creativity and technical exploration when it comes to better serving our customers.
The other side of support is working with the other teams at Trello. All of our teams—engineering, marketing, sales, etc—benefit from support's role in working directly with customers. It will be your job to figure out how we can serve them as effectively as possible. This is no small task, especially when communication is happening asynchronously across time zones. For example, when working with the engineering team, you need to know when a bug can stay under the radar versus when you should sound the alarm.
Additionally, Atlassian is a terrific place to work. Great products and a fantastic reputation in business and tech have brought in customers globally, including NASA, Sony, and the United Nations. With offices in Sydney, San Francisco, Austin, Amsterdam, and remote folks all over we are growing really fast and are full of opportunities!
The Trello Support Engineer can be located in any of the following countries: Netherlands, UK, Germany, Turkey. This is a fully remote position.
We don’t want people to just use Trello, we want them to love it. We’re looking to add a person to our support team who is friendly, helpful, and already loves Trello. Your top priority will be to transform our users into super-fans.
You’ll do this by:
- Troubleshooting and answering their questions via email and social media
- Configuring and troubleshooting SAML-based SSO setups with Trello Enterprise customers, both by email and over the phone when necessary
- Relaying insights from customers on to our product team
- Providing service status updates via our StatusPage and social media
- Crafting documentation and other support materials that empower users to serve themselves
- Knowledge of Trello and passion for the product
- Previous experience providing email support as a primary job responsibility. You've done full-time professional email-based support before.
- Experience with Enterprise-grade SAML configuration and/or troubleshooting, or equivalent technical experience in that area
- The ability to communicate clearly and positively through written and spoken English
- A broad creative or technical curiosity
- Two-year commitment to working in support at Trello.
- Comfort working independently—in some cases you will be the only team member working, based on timezone. You’ll work within the standard working hours of your timezone.
One or more of the following skills would also contribute to your role on the support team:
- Strong writing skills
- Experience working remotely, or on a heavily-remote team
- Programming experience in any language
- Fluency in languages in addition to English
More about our team
We are a different kind of software company: one that listens to client needs, values innovation and solves customer problems with brilliant simplicity. If you start your career with Atlassian, you'll have a direct impact on millions of users, fast! You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision making, because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your opinions, we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great. Keyword: TRUST.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Refer a mate, score some cash
Not an Atlassian employee? No problem, anyone can refer a friend to us and make some serious cash.Refer now