Senior Product Designer, Confluence SmartsApply for this job
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Confluence is a team workspace where knowledge and collaboration meet. Confluence enables anyone to easily find the latest company information, create and share a project plan, and communicate across teams.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Confluence Smarts team, focusing on data-driven experiences across Confluence. This individual will work closely with our Analytics and Smarts teams to design and build features that personalize and accelerate teamwork in Confluence by anticipating user needs. As a Senior Product Designer on Confluence Smarts, you will be part of the Insights Group whose charter is to enlighten users by unleashing the potential of data for Confluence.
What you'll do:
- Drive product design thinking and lead design work for Smarts across key Confluence experiences.
- Partner with product managers, engineering, and other cross-functional partners to define product strategy and champion smart user experiences across the key Confluence journeys.
- Use your storytelling skills to facilitate cross-team collaboration, working with product teams and stakeholders across Atlassian.
- Help your team plan and conduct exploratory user research and effective usability tests.
- Collaborate with both the analytics and smarts platform teams, establish principles and champion the next phase of innovation.
- Influence and shape the way our Confluence design team works and how we balance shipping with high-quality experiences.
- Engage with Atlassian's close-knit design community.
- 5+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UX or Product Designer.
- A track record of delivering outcomes where you've driven product direction.
- Ability to lead and inspire others and build consensus with cross functional peers, key partners and executives across a business to influence a result.
- Ability to inspire and mentor your more junior colleagues, sharing processes, skills and experience with others to help up-skill the entire team.
- A mastery of your craft, validated through Conceptual Thinking & Modeling, User-centeredness and analysis, and Technical & Product Knowledge.
- Strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes.
- Strong executional skills and familiarity with tools such as Figma.
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Have experience working on teams that use machine learning and or deep learning.
- Experience with SaaS, or complex enterprise applications.
- If you've used Confluence, Notion, Quip, Wordpress, Coda, Airtable in a professional setting.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.