After launching our first beta of JIRA 4.0 at Atlassian Summit last month, have had already hundreds people download the beta and provide us tons of great feedback. This week, we released JIRA 4.0 Beta 2 which is the second major milestone release leading up to JIRA 4.0. This release contains over 250 fixes and improvements including activity streams, dashboard gadgets, advanced searching with JQL, and a sexy new header and project browser.
What’s new in JIRA 4.0?
JIRA 4.0 is packed with lots of great features and here is a quick peek at a few of them:
- Activity streams – Every project has its own activity stream which is also available as RSS. You can also configure a gadget on your dashboard to get a feed of all the activity in your favourite projects and/or by your favourite people.
- Dashboard gadgets – There is a whole laundry list of gadgets available to drag and drop into your dashboard. Since new gadgets are built using Open Social, you can add also add them to other places like your iGoogle too.
- Advanced searching – With the new JIRA Query Language (JQL) you can construct sophisticated searches and filters to find exactly what you need.
- Usability improvements – A new header, project browser, and menu layout makes JIRA easier than ever to use. JIRA automatically tracks your history so you can quickly jump between the active issues you are working on.
- Much, much more – There plenty more goodness in JIRA 4.0, check out the beta release notes for all the details.
Give us your feedback
Download the latest beta of JIRA 4 and check out the JIRA 4 Beta Release Notes for more information. We have also added more documentation for JIRA 4.0 including the draft of the JIRA 4.0 Upgrade Guide.
Kick the tires yourself and let us know what you think by submitting issues / ideas on our public instance of JIRA.