The Ambassador Role
Ambassadors are ultimately responsible for increasing sales within their country. They achieve this by raising awareness of Atlassian and our products, and being active within the developer community.
Ambassadors are natural promoters. They like talking to other developers as much as they like to code. Ambassadors are also Atlassian product specialists, and have a deep understanding of how great software is built.
Ambassadors will work closely with the European Sales & Marketing Director to localise Atlassian's global marketing strategy and tactics for each country.
The Marketing Team
You'll be joining a fearless team of software marketing renegades. We try not to do the usual because we work for an unusual company. Atlassian has pioneered a low-touch, self-service sales model, and you'll be part of a team redefining how business software is sold. No fluff, just stuff. It's the most fun you can have while receiving a paycheck.
- Represent Atlassian to build brand awareness and buzz
- Spearhead local PR, promotion & media outreach efforts
- Guide L10n efforts for campaigns, marketing materials and products
- Coordinate launch events and user groups to build community
- Deliver authentic presentations at user groups and industry events
- Identify industry events, blogs & thought leaders for sponsorship
- Identify & author customer case studies
- Provide marketing assistance to Atlassian partners
- Blog about products, local events, trends & case studies
- Support local software development community
- Define local sales & marketing targets
- Fluent in both local language & English
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Knowledge of developer tools and processes
- Passion for engaging the developer ecosystem
- Analytical approach to tactics and decision making
- Strong business and technical acumen
- High energy level with an outcome orientation
- Computer science degree (or equivalent)
- Previous experience as a software developer
- 1-4 years experience in software development, pre-sales or product marketing
- Preferable: experienced blogger & Open Source community involvement
Represent one of the world's most innovative software companies in your country.
Evangelise the future
Evangelise the future of software development and collaboration tools.
Join an award winning team inside an award winning company.
Induction includes trips to our Sydney, San Francisco & Amsterdam offices.
Best tools for the job
Ambassadors receive a fully paid iPhone 4, a MacBook Pro, a 24" screen and more.
Start fresh, with a free holiday before you start.